Why am I blogging?
That question started bugging up my head after reading Lord CM's blog post about his reasons for being a part of the blogosphere. Of course, all of us have our reasons for initiating ourselves as members of the blogger community. You wouldn't create a blog in the first place if you don't have a proper motivation for it. There would always be a reason or purpose for these things.
To put it, I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THINGS DO EXIST FOR NOTHING.
Logical enough, isn't it?
So why am I here on Blogger in the first place?
1. I just want people to know a different side of me. People kasi view me as an ordinary girl-next-door who's a looker. I want people to see the smart head and opinionated Melissa inside of me, not that Melissa who's known by people because of her looks and talents as a student. I want to be viewed differently. I just want to show you who I am. Whether you hate it or not, you're gonna get a piece of the real Melissa.
2. It would be totally boring isn't it if you keep some new stuffs that you have discovered, seen or have for yourself. It'll be wonderful if you get to share it with other people and know their reactions about it. Let's just say that I love having interesting discussions with people. It helps me learn more about things apart from what I know. Blogging is essentially a two-way experience: you share things with other people while you read and learn new stuff from them.
3. This blog will be a perfect avenue for me to put my own interests to use. As you all know, I'm a techie girl, and it'll be senseless if I'll be unable to express that characteristic of mine into something.
4. Aside from all that, my friend Yuri inspired me to start up Princess Journal, telling me that it'll be great if I'll have a journal wherein I'll be able to post up sorts of stuff that I'm interested into. He even gave the name of this blog. Thanks to you Puffy! :)
5. I want to meet new people and make friends with them. I think that's the most relative purpose of blogging: to have friends and bond with them in a different way.
Actually, I can call myself a true blue blogger right now. I deleted my friendster account due to the fact that I've loaded up all of my time into this one, plus the fact that this humble journal of mine gave me a reason to stay online even further and become a part of it as well. It is my life, something that I'll keep for myself forever.
And I think that's what counts the most for a blogger like me. :)