Samsung has just revealed another ‘eco-friendly’ solar phone, the Samsung Blue Earth. The handset is made from PCM (Post Consumer Material - a recycled plastic) and got a concept of environment-friendly UI.
The phone may work in an eco-mode including Eco-Walk which adapts screen brightness, backlight duration and Bluetooth usage. The Blue Earth also has a built-in pedometer which shows CO2 emissions by walking instead of driving.
Beside those features, the Samsung Blue Earth has a solar panel on the back for needed charging. Unfortunately, there are no specifications, pricing and availability at this moment yet, but we are sure it’ll be interesting news of this year.
Samsung M8800 Pixon
A follow-up to the successful Samsung Omnia, the M8800 shares most of its functions, well except for a few catches.
Specifications of the Samsung M8800:
- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, video(WVGA@30fps, QVGA@120fps), flash; secondary videocall camera
- Quad-band GSM, HSDPA 2100 7.2 Mbps
- Dimensions: 107.9 x 54.6 x 13.8 mm
- Weight: 121 g
- 3.2″ TFT (256k Colors) 200 x 400 pixels with Accelerometer sensor
- microSD up to 8GB with 200mb Internal Memory
- GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
- EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
- Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP
- MicroUSB port V2.0
- WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML Browser
- A-GPS function
- TV out functionality
- DivX/XviD/H.263/H.264/WMV/MP4 player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/AMR player
- SRS (Surround Sound System) Virtual 5.1CH
- Java MIDP 2.0
- FM radio with RDS
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Office document viewer
- Built-in handsfree
- Voice memo/dial
Samsung W510 and F268
This one will be quick, since most of its features were vague as of the moment.
Samsung has released two new environmental friendly phones W510 and F268. The W510 is made from “bio-plastic” created with natural materials extracted from corn and F268 features alarm that let you know when is charged so you can unplug it and save the energy.
Also W510 features 2.1 inch display, 2MP camera, Bluetooth, FM radio, microSD slot. F268 packs 2MP camera, 2.1 inch VGA display, Bluetooth. Both phones will be available by the end of the month in Korea.*****