Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Third of June..

A macro pic of a flower at Tagaytay. :)

Current Mood: Just fine, worried about school..
Song Playing: Mad World by Adam Lambert

Good evening fellas! Yep, that's a sample pic of mine taken using my new Nikon D40x. I am not that contented with my pics as of now, but there's a lot of room for improvement, isn't it? After all, I've just begun embracing the art of photography.

Anyway, it's been raining like crazy lately, and it's quite annoying to say the least. Actually it's one of my worries regarding school- the frenzy rain, the brewing traffic, new faces and subjects and a lot more.

Just asking: is there any typhoon brewing here in the Philippines?

Let's discuss some other things, shall we?

*****
22 victims, with 32 currently under observation and the latest victim being a La Salle student.

That's the present count as of late regarding the status of the A-H1N1 virus here in our country. My, the numbers are rapidly increasing each day.

I asked myself: Do we still have to consider ourselves from this threat?

The answer, is a blatant NO.

Apparently, we need to actuate pre-emptive measures to prevent ourselves from catching the virus. Establishments must, at least, try to have some initiatives in answer to the growing toll of A-H1N1's victims. If you can get a vaccine at Mercury Drug, then do so, just to ensure safety for you and your entire family, or probably, your whole community as well.

Boy.. It's starting to get creepy..

*****
Let's have a quick lowdown of one of this year's contending teams for the NBA Finals. Yep, I'll be doing these lowdowns till' tomorrow.

Let's start with LA's most celebrated cagers: the Los Angeles Lakers.

The LA Lakers are known for making decisive plays throughout their games, plus their ability to pull up different plays, thanks to their current roster's lineup and the guidance of their surrogate mentor Phil Jackson.

Since their last Finals appearance in 2004, the LA Lakers went on a downspiral, causing Kobe Bryant to consider retiring from the team. But after acquiring a new lineup and support group for Kobe, the Lakers once again proved that they're set to dominate NBA once more.

Let's discuss the team's most notable players:

Kobe Bryant, the team captain, was known for his ability to render penetrating attacks inside the court and to pull up decisive last minute plays for the team. Before, he was a lone gunner, being relied for by most of his teammates. Thanks to his newest comrades, Kobe's strength lately was maximized to his fullest.

Trevor Ariza, one of the Lakers' newest and most powerful assets. He is able to put down rim-shocking attacks and penetrate perimeter shots. He is also an effective team player, having impressive ball-handling skills that lead the team unto producing successive points. Probably he is one of the hottest rookies for this season.

Pau Gasol, the team's resident low post attacker. He is known for his low-post attacks and rebounding power. He also has the strengths and the intellect to match it up against Magic's Dwight Howard. One of the Lakers' winning assets.

Chances are, this will be a close fight, considering the fact that both of these teams share the same fundamental strengths that brought them into this final stage. Whoever wins, I am sure this year's championship series will be a classic.

*****
I was about to cry earlier this morning. I'm on my way to San Beda to enroll, only to experience the worst traffic congestion I've ever seen in my entire life. My friends told me that most of the good sections for our subjects were getting closed, causing me to worry that much for my units this term. I'm almost about to tear myself up inside my car. It's a good thing they asked for my student number- they fixed my schedule and waited for me till' afternoon.

Thank God... I love my friends. :)

*****
Alright, I'll be having another post later on, so keep it locked in. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get a Nikon D40. That's a nice shallow depth of field pic you got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @chris:
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm just a newbie though..

    ReplyDelete